Since its initial identification in Hubei Province, China, the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has spread outside the region, affecting more than 20 countries (and counting) and impacting health, trade, travel, and the global economy. The coronavirus is a variant of influenza that causes a respiratory illness not previously recorded in humans.
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 may appear two to fourteen days after exposure and can include fever, cough, and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. Contact your doctor right away if you have COVID-19 symptoms and you’ve possibly been exposed to the virus. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Avoid contact with individuals who are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Initial evidence suggests that individuals at higher risk of contracting COVID-19 include people with underlying medical conditions, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. There is no specific treatment and no vaccine for COVID-19. Infected individuals receive supportive care to relive symptoms.
It is very important to promote proper and good hygiene. To protect yourself, wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Communicate with employees frequently and support any impacted employee.
- Clean all “high-touch” surface frequently (counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, etc.).
- Discourage travel to known high case areas.
- If employees are sick or showing symptoms have them stay home until released by primary care provider.
- Update business continuity program, phone trees, essential personnel, work from home program, security, etc. If lacking in any create to ensure your business is prepared.
- Communicate with supply chains to determine potential delays/shortages and prepare for alternate methods.
- Follow guidelines presented by CDC, WHO, and any other global authorities.
- Protect and preserve customers by looking at; no penalty cancellation, waiving fees, flex booking, loyalty discounts, etc. This can be catered and specific to your business.
- Define and communicate activation protocol for phased response and contingency planning.
- Provide means of disinfection such as sanitization wipes and soap or hand sanitizer.
- Look into teleconference meetings instead of conference room meetings that place many individuals into a small space.
Whether your company is prepared or not Protect-All can help your company achieve your end result with personalized assistance. We can assist with:
- Training your staff on all aspects of preparation due to COVID-19
- Updating your company’s policies to include business continuity, security, etc.
- Performing a risk assessment to ensure your company is properly prepared with correct personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure all staff have a reduce risk
Please reach out and contact us so we can further explain how a partnership with Protect-All can help your company assist with your company’s goals.